2018 GENERAL OPERATING GRANT
Maximum grant request: $15,000.00.
Maximum of one submission per 501 (c) (3).
Municipalities or governmental taxing bodies are not eligible to apply.
• A recognized 501 (c)(3) agency in good standing with the IRS and in registered state
• In good standing with the Foundations of East Chicago.
Applications not meeting all of the above listed criteria are automatically denied.
If your organization operates out of a "Home Office" (i.e. a structure that also houses a private residence) you cannot request funding for the following items:
Budget items may include the following:
· Consulting/Speaker Fees (cannot exceed 25% of grant request/maximum $3,750, requests for administrative salaries will not be funded)
· Capital improvements (roofing, furnace, air, building repairs –restricted to organizations located in East Chicago and ONLY if organization owns the building)
· Office Expenses (i.e. Supplies, equipment)
· Accounting expenses
· License Fees
· Maintenance and repairs (i.e. snow removal, trash removal, janitorial service, pest control, and lawn care) (restricted to organizations located in East Chicago)
· Attorney/legal fees
· Utilities and Insurance
· Rent/mortgage payments (restricted to organizations located in East Chicago)
· Conference expenses
Note: Other funding restrictions may apply to organizations located outside of East Chicago that offer services to East Chicago residents. Please contact Janet Wozniak, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.